(Left to Right): Peter Buffett, Jimmie Briggs, Joe Ehrmann, Tony Porter,
Dave Zirin and Moderator Eve Ensler.
Thermochromic table by Jay Watson
imagine banging someone on that table
imagine being home alone and seeing imprints on that table
Imagine having a friend sit at that table for a long while, but when they get up there’s no imprints at all.
What if you got up after trying to console a crying friend, and found that you had no imprints… and they were crying because they missed you?
This went from being inappropriate, to being scary an to just being something sad…
Percy Jackson vs. Hercules
- Hercules: Yeah, I'm a demigod, child of the Big Three,
- Percy: Oh, yeah? Me too.
- Hercules: Well, when I was just a baby I strangled to snakes with my bare hands.
- Percy: Ah, I know what you mean. My mum freaked when I did that.
- Hercules: I fought the Nemean Lion.
- Percy: No way! Same. I was, what, fourteen?
- Hercules: I've fought a hydra.
- Percy: Dude, same. Although I wouldn't have been able to kill it without Clarisse, but still.
- Hercules: I hunted down Artemis' sacred deer,
- Percy: Oh, my friend did that. Chasing deer isn't really my thing though.
- Hercules: Oh, well... ahh... I fought this massive boar once.
- Percy: I think I fought it's girlfriend! It was a couple of days before I fought Kronos.
- Hercules: *sweats nervously* This one time, I had to clean this stable that hadn't been cleaned for thousands of years,
- Percy: Riiiiight. I heard a nymph helped you with that? I used my own powers. *raises eye brow*
- Hercules: I --
- Percy: Dude, I could go all day.
- Hercules: *flustered* I fought AMAZONS -
- Percy: Been there.
- Hercules: The minotaur --
- Percy: Done that. I was twelve.
- Hercules: I... uh... I've... been to the Underworld and back!!
- Percy: Man, I am sooo sick of that place. Been there like four times.
- Herucles: Uhhhh... I... *heavy breathing*
- Percy: Well, we done here?
- Hercules: *triumphant grin* I WAS OFFERED IMMORTALITY.
- Percy: Yeah, I turned mine down because I liked this girl...
- Hercules: *jumps into the river Styx*
Lillian Weber, a 99-year-old good Samaritan from Iowa, has spent the last few years sewing a dress a day for the Little Dresses For Africa charity, a Christian organization that distributes dresses to children in need in Africa and elsewhere.
Weber’s goal is to make 1,000 dresses by the time she turns 100 on May 6th. So far, she’s made more than 840. Though she says she could make two a day, she only makes one – but each single dress she makes per day is personalized with careful stitchwork. She hopes that each little girl who receives her dress can take pride in her new garment.
My roommate and I are really sick and we look like shit, but we were hungry so we ordered pizza.
But we didn’t want anyone to see us, so we asked them over the phone if we can leave the money on the door and they can just drop off the pizza.
The guy said sure.
So we decided to leave a nice little note
and we hung it above the door bell. I hope they like it!
pizza spelt its own name wrong